Do you have that space in your home that you see many times a day and it just doesn’t look just right? It’s either too cluttered, too sparse or just off in some way. This space in my house is my coffee table. Yes, I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal but it can be such an eye sore. It is right smack dab in the center of our main living space. So I’ve decided to “shop my stash” and decorate!
My first plan of action was to consult… Pinterest. I came up with the following elements needed for a well staged table.
Tips to Decorate a Coffee Table
1. Incorporate a tray as a way to collect or gather items
2. Add some sort of organic element, plant, wooden item, rocks, stones , shells etc…
3. Add height. Be aware that it doesn’t obstruct viewing At our house that would mean viewing of the TV, not an actual person
4. Books are essential. Keep in mind the color of their jacket It’s all for staging purposes.
5. Add a candle, it gives it a homey feeling.
To get started, I cleared off our coffee table As you can see, it is a well used piece of furniture in our home Many years ago when the boys were small, I wanted new furniture but I new it was not the time in life for that. So being the thrifty gal I am, I painted it and it’s been just fine. It’s a great quality piece I’m glad I kept it.
The next step in this staging process is to shop your stash. Remember, this is no cost decorating. My technique is quite unique. Keeping in mind the needed elements for staging, I grabbed a laundry basket and shopped my stash.
Once you have your collection, you might have to play around with the placement of the items on the table until it “feels” just right. If your home is anything like mine , there will be surely opinions shared. This is a communal space after all. Keep it simple and not too cluttered and then just sit back and enjoy, because truly that is what this space is for.