A while ago, and I mean a while, I was out scouring the local thrift stores when I can across three identical picture frames. There was nothing extra special about them that caught my attention other than there were three. Upon further inspection I discovered that they were all good quality frames. They were all wood, stained a nice lighter tone, and had a very attractive green stencil surrounding the perimeter. Even through I do not generally buy smaller frames, I did purchase them. I knew I could do something with them. I was just not sure what.
They sat with my other stash until I came across a picture of a chalkboard that sparked the idea to transform those picture frames into chalkboards. How cute one would be sitting on a counter with an inspirational quote or hanging in the kitchen with the daily menu.
This easy DIY chalkboard seriously took minutes to create with minimal supplies needed.
- Picture Frame
- Can of Chalkboard Paint
- Choose a picture frame. It could be free standing or one to hang
- Remove the glass from the frame and clean it well
- Spray the chalkboard paint directly on the glass allowing for drying time between coats. Follow the manufacture’s directions.
- Spray at least 3 applications. There should be no glass visible.
- When completely dry, reassemble the glass back into the frame
- Prime or season the writing surface before using it.
The chalkboard is complete. Probably the most difficult part of this project is to determine where to display them. Give this a try. You will be amazed how super easy this project is!